Monday, April 27, 2015

Field Of Sound



              

This is my field of sound project. Here I worked with a group of 4 students to capture video and audio at a certain location using different boom micing techniques. I first scripted out what we were going to shoot. I then established each student’s role in our project. I had two camera men, and one guy in charge of the audio. After I had my production crew together, we found student actors to be a part of our project.
                We shot a couple of interviews and also a music video. The point of this project was to capture audio at a specific location. So we mic’ed up each actor with wireless lavalear microphones and also used a boom micing technique to get the ambience sound of the room which we all call room tone. We also switched from different locations to experience different room tones.
            Working outside is always difficult, whether we were recording video or recording audio. We always ran into lighting problems with the sun or outside ambient noise such as traffic, airplanes, or the wind. Fortunately we were able to adjust to the problem. This project was a great experience for my team because they were all freshmen’s at the Art Institute. So I was able to teach them a few techniques I had already learned from my previous classes.
            Coming into this class, I was already a senior, so I knew most of the techniques already. It was just a matter of practicing and applying it. The students I was working with did not have a clue what to do, but after the 11 weeks of class, and practicing with me, they were able to do all the techniques we applied by their selves.


No comments:

Post a Comment