Monday, April 13, 2015

Audio Head Phone Amp



This is my electronics kit project where I was taught how to calculate voltage, current, and resistance. Here I purchased a head phone stereo amp. On this first picture, I used all my electrical equipment to check if any circuits were working properly. This process is called bread boarding. I tested and connected the whole signal flow process. It took me about 5 hours with several short breaks in between. I also was using a safety kit to protect myself from any accident.
 Once I've accomplished the signal flow and found out every component was working correctly, I was able to start soldering all the compositors, diodes and other resisters together. Soldering is the process where you actually bring the component to life. It consisted of actually melting metal and fusing the component to the computer chip. Soldering was one of the most difficult task asides from bread boarding. Bread boarding just consisted of connecting signal. Not difficult, but very tedious.
The whole project was a long process and took some serious time and patience. I had to make sure every solder I made was connected correctly with the right component. If I were to connect the wrong resistor, my head phone amp would have not been working. I would of haven to re-melt the solder and try my best to disconnect the component which is very hard to do.
After finishing up soldering all the components together, I started cleaning up the computer chip before assembling it into its display case. The best part about the project was actually seeing the head phone amp turn on and work. Knowing that all your components that you connected are routed correctly is a real good feeling at the end of the day. With all the hard work and dedicated effort I applied into this project, I ended up with an A to put me back on the Deans Honors Awards once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment