Monday, June 1, 2015

Editing a Music Video for the First Time



                Lovers Land is a music video project I sequenced and edited. The director of photographer gave me the opportunity to cut and edit the raw footage they shot during their video shoot. I was hired as an editor from a producer named Seantu Miles who is a good friend of mine. The artist that was involved with the music video is Kay Renee featuring Saint Maurice.
                Prior to editing this music video, I was giving a specific date to finish the project so that Kay Renee can promote her new single for her album she is currently working on. I went through several of revisions with the client to understand what they were actually looking for.
                My process of editing this video was pretty simple. I gathered all the raw footage and organized them from wide shots, to close ups, to group shots and so on. Then I synced every shot to the actual music called “Lovers Land.” Once everything was synced correctly, all I had to do was follow the story board that I was assigned. Along with the story they were trying to portray, they also wanted certain people who were family members to be seen on this video. Who doesn’t want to be in a music video?
                After editing and sequencing the whole music video, I titled the footage and then gave it to the after effects and motion graphics artists to make finalizations to the sequence I delivered. Overall this was my very first music video I was able to work on. Given the opportunity to work with Seantu Miles, Kay Renee (who is Nikki Minaj’s background singer), and Saint Maurice (who acted in the Disney channel) gave me a boost of confidence early on in my career. This video was edited and produced early 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment