Monday, May 18, 2015

Big Bucks Bunny Sound Design

                In my digital audio 2 class, I was assigned to sound design an animation called “Big Buck Bunny” which was a royalty free project that students can use to show their skill set. During this project, I was instructed to make a pre-production sheet which consisted of my foley cue spotting notes and anything else needed before I started recording, such as sound effects and other instruments.
                This was more of my earlier years in college at the art institute of Las Vegas Nevada. So I was still learning the whole production process on how to approach the assignment. Luckily I had my own studio equipment at home such as a laptop, monitor speakers, an interface, condenser microphone, midi keyboard, and software to record.
                During my pre-production process, I was obligated to list every sound I seen in the animation while it was muted. Basically I had to strip away every single original sound from the video, and recreate it using my own music scoring, sound effects, and foley recording effects. After I finished my pre-production list, I then went on to record in my room. Although my room wasn't the best acoustic environment place to record in, I had to make way with what I had available at the moment. During that time, I was not eligible in checking out Studio A.

                After I finished recording and gathering all the sounds that I needed, I then went on mix and adjust the volumes on each track to make it blend it smooth. Prior to mixing, I went through several revisions with my instructor, to see what more can I do to the project, because at the time I was complete clueless on what to do next with the little experience I had in post-production during my freshmen year of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment